Monday, July 13, 2009

Productive Monday!

Guten Tag!

Today has been a really great Monday, which is rare, Mondays are usually bad for everyone. I was dreading the day, but I'm really glad it's turned out to be good so far. Yesterday I slept a crazy amount. I got 9 hours of sleep Saturday night. I woke up at 11am yesterday and I was bored out of my mind. Sundays are my days off and everything is closed so there's not much to do. I read for a bit and then took a nap at 1 and woke up around 5. I read some more, watched Chocolat, talked to Steve and then read some more. I knew I wasn't going to get to sleep on my own since I slept so much during the day, so I took a chug from NyQuil, the most amazing thing in the world! I was out before 11 and woke up at 7. Charlotte started screaming my name around 7:45 so I got her milk and she told me to go away when she was done so she could go back to sleep! I was able to start the laundry and get myself ready. I woke her up at 9, dressed her, gave her breakfast and took her to preschool. I came back and did my housework for the day and waited for a guy to come check the furnace and all of that. It was actually pretty funny. On Friday, Sven asked if I was going to be around the house on Monday because the Schornsteinfeger would be coming by. I gave him this crazy look and asked what the heck the Schornsteinfeger was. It sounds like The Ghost of Nazi Past or something creepy like that haha. It's a chimney sweeper, so that was relieving.
After all of my stuff was done I was pretty bored once again, so I read (again) and surfed the net for some entertainment. I have a ton of sheets of paper laying on my desk with recipes on them, so I started to look for recipe cards and found a cool template to make my own out of brown paper bags, from the grocery store. Here's the link! I made a few of them, but it takes some time if you don't iron out the sheets of paper before you print. I keep them the way they are, and if it's too wrinkled I press it with a heavy book for awhile, but the wrinkles make it look cool. They feel a bit flimsy at first, but once the glue dries it's firm and easy to write on.
I don't really have anything new to share. Things have been alright with the kids, some ol' same ol'. I've had a few arguements with the mom, but that's not anything new either. I hope you all have a good week!

Jess

1 comment:

Mike and Tia Fam said...

Cute recipe cards! I'm glad you've had such a productive day - maybe that is inspiration for me to be productive . . . .maybe :)
Glad things are going well - thanks for your sweet notes on my blog. Love ya!